The University of Calgary Amateur Radio Club is a Graduate Research Network devoted to radio as a hobby, a practical skill and a disaster response tool. The club's activities include:
- helping students gain amateur radio certification by offering training and arranging licensing exams
- hosting presentations by local and international experts in radio technology
- leading hands-on workshops where students can gain direct understanding of radio fundamentals
- networking with the amateur radio community and cooperating with established associations
- providing interested students with an alternative to buying all the equipment themselves
- conducting long-term, inspirational radio technology projects
More information will be posted on the Amateur Radio Club website.